let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Cowichan Valley
Enjoy the magnificent 180 degree ocean views with the Saanich peninsula and Mt. Baker in the background. This first time to market, custom built 2 bedroom & 2 bath home has plenty to offer all on the main floor. The living room, dinning room and master bedroom all take advantage of the panoramic ocean view. Plenty of deck and patio space to enjoy outdoor living. Home office is located next to the main entranc...
RARE INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY: $2400 per month in income. 3 dwellings on .28 acre. Unit 1 is a 2 bedroom & 1 bath with updated crawl space, separate laundry room and a great layout. Unit 2 is a 1 bedroom 1 bath with a new metal roof, soffits and gutters. Unit 3 is a 2 bedroom & 1 bath recently renovated in and out with a new kitchen, bathroom, laundry, thermo windows, metal roof, soffits and gutters. Unit 3 als...
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY. Centrally located on the corner of 13th Ave and Cedar St in Campbell River's city core, this 6516 sqft building has 3 secure tenants and immediate availability for a 4th tenant to occupy 2324 sqft with separate overhead door. Plenty of street parking allows for easy access. Ideal opportunity for an entrepreneur looking for space to call their own.
Very well maintained 1 owner townhome in The Cedar Side 9 unit complex. Professionally designed, built and decorated by Opus Fine Home Ltd in 2009. Secure gated entry. Walk to town, shopping, parks, community centre, library, pool, etc. 1273 sqft including 2 large bedrooms, den/office, open concept living room with gas fireplace, dinning room and kitchen, 3 bathrooms, plus a garage, private fenced yard and ga...
Cobble Hill village custom 2 bedroom with in-floor heat throughout, porcelain tile, quartz countertops, custom blinds, gorgeous bathroom. South facing bright fully fenced level yard with room to park and RV or a boat and lots of parking, a great workshop wired with 220 and a 22' x 16' studio/bonus room above that is plumbed for hot/cold water, sink, toilet and laundry. Designed for a future deck addition. Ste...
Charming Patio home in "The Meadows" Retirement complex for seniors 55+ This lovely 2 bedroom 2 bathroom patio home has so much to offer. Main level, easy living, great for retirees and empty nesters. Fantastic location and close to town. Enjoy your winters cuddled up to the lovely Natural gas fireplace in the living room and your summers on your incredible deck enjoying the sunshine. The Kitchen is lovely an...Listed by Sutton Group West Coast Realty - Duncan
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015